PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Master Bedroom Reveal!

Let's talk about paint.
You know how they sell those little tiny jars now? To help you pick your wall color.
A try before you buy kind of situation?
Well, they suck for someone as indecisive as me.
Just ask say... Everyone.
I made Brian, Mom, Dad, and Nanny look
at the color's, talk about the colors. It was a mess.

I had inspiration bedrooms and ideas that I loved. So I knew where I wanted to go but, I was afraid of the paint situation. I didn't want something too dark but, I knew I wanted grey. I had 6 grey colors painted on my wall for a week. Crazy I tell you.
Here are my inspiration pictures.

We just loved this bed. The detail on the headboard is so our style.
It's Black, Modern but, still Charleston Chic.
That is what we call our style.
Yes, we made it up.
The Mood of this room, we loved. The lamps are romantic and feminine
in a masculine room. I love the dark wall color.
We have always loved eclectic wall hangings.
Random things that just scream "you".
So that was our starting point. Here was the process.

Taping, I hate taping...

The paint. We went with the darker grey and I am so glad.
B was worried but, it turned out great!

Ta Da...
Dark picture but, it's the bed we loved!

(click to enlarge)
The curtains have this fun circle pattern on them,
and we got crystal lamps!
This you know I love.
I got these wood wall hangings at the longest yardsale
two years ago for $3 for both!
If you don't know what that is look it up.
It is Heaven!
The "W" was our wedding cake topper.
Our picture montage...
Jackson hated letting me stamp his feet but, I know we will cherish
those baby feet for years to come.
The hanky is the one I carried down the isle.
La Vita Bella means The Beautiful Life in Italian, a little nod to my family.
The other picture is the actual drawing from Brian's first tattoo, he got it on this magical trip we took to hawaii. The guy did the "hook of maui". It was one of our favorite islands. Second to Kauai (We love you guys!) The symbols inside the hook are hawaiian tribal that stand things he and Brian talked about. Little things that scream "us". I think it does, you can click pictures to enlarge them and see them better.
This is the dresser the t.v. is on.
It is from the same set as the bed.

This bench I picked up at a garage sale. For $5.
It had an awful hot pink flower material on it.
I purchased this fabric to use in the kitchen originally but, it just didn't work.
It was perfect for the bench.
(sorry about the flip flop collection under the bench)

We really love the room now. It's so much nicer in a king bed
and the room feels so much more our style.

Once again. Thanks Dad! Your the best. Couldn't have done it with out you!


8 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

It looks amazing!!!!!

Summer Athena said...

I'm soooooo impressed, Ra! Wow! Love the colors and the wall of all things precious to you! Those wooden piece are to die for! High five!!

Rachel H. said...

I love it...it looks so good, and I especially love the bench! That's too cute!

Kelley said...

Great job!!!!! It makes me want to re-do a room!

Amo said...

It looks like a peaceful sanctuary. Great job! I love the bench and your personalized picture montage. We have a king size bed, too and we couldn't have it any other way!

Nana said...

Turned out great RA.....good job!!

Nani said...

Love it! I used that pic as inspiration too :) Looks great!

Unknown said...

HI love your bedroom, just wondering hat company you used for inspiration as i also love your headboard!