Most nights before bed. Either Daddy or I rocks the Bub's to sleep. Most times we will hum or sing to him to get him to sleep. Tonight in honor of New Years. I was humming the tune "Auld Lang Syne", you know the one that is played at the stroke of mid-night at every party you have ever been too. Jackson started singing along and Daddy grabbed the Flip. Sorry it's so dark, but if you listen to the end our little man really gets into it.
I hope 2008 was a wonderful year for everyone. My prayer going into 2009, is that everyone would hold Peace in their hearts, and we would all be a little more gracious to one another.
So, Happy New Years Eve, Eve from our family to yours.
Happy Birthday Grandma CC. We had a wonderful night over at mom and dad's. It was a Wii bowling party for CC's birthday. We had dad's famous pizza. So good. and I went all Martha Stewart and made chocolate cupcakes and buttercream frosting from scratch. (They were good, but honestly a LOT of work. lol Martha can have that) Mom was worth it, but next year I'll just leave the baking to Cafe Intermezzo. Happy Birthday Mom, We Love You!
Roses from Dad and Sash.
CC nice hat.
I'll leave you with Baby J singing "Happy Birthday" to his favorite CC.
6 months. What a great half birthday, it falling on Christmas every year and all. I am sure when Jackson gets older he will love this. So here it is, my 6 favorite things about 6 months...
1. The Smiles. Bubbie has always been a happy baby but this month he has started really looking at you and just smiling because he loves you. Melt your heart!
2. The Kisses. He will grab your cheeks and pull you in. Be warned these are open mouth, full on, singing kisses. He loves to give his CC these kisses. She doesn't even mind the slobber. Who would, it is so cute.
3. The Feet. He has discovered he has two, and he loves them. You all know how much I love footed anything but to Bubbie, bare foot is best. He love to grab his toes and just roll back and forth.
4. The Daddy. Jackson loves his Daddy and he always has. This month has been the first month he just gets so tickled when Daddy gets home from work, or wakes him up from a nap. The joy in his eye's is so sweet when he spot's dad.
5. The Food. He loves veggies! I can't get him to like a fruit to save my life. It is so cute, he will just grin and smile for squash, but try to give him applesause or pears. He gives you the sour face and shivers. It cracks me up.
6. The Toys. He has not only discovered his toes, he has discovered the Jumparoo. He loves it. It is so fun to watch him interact with the toys on the top and giggle. It is a favorite past time at home.
Oh, we Love this baby boy. We are so blessed to have you baby J, we say it all the time, but what did we ever do before you?
This is a special Christmas for us, it being Jackson's first. This is the card we sent out to everyone this year. I will post pictures after the holiday but until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful day spent with their loved ones.
This is my sweet girl Marah sharing a song by our tree.
Oh, I love these boys. Sorry for the silly angle's but, Jackson is a baby that when he spot's the camera or Flip will stop what he is doing. I have to sneak to catch him in the moment. This is Daddy getting Bubbie ready for bed. Or so I thought, then I heard the giggles. Enjoy.
Our friend Karen ( Check out her blog 33 For A Moment) let us know Jack's Harvest was going to be having a tasting at our local Whole Foods on Ponce. O.k it's not in our neighborhood but, it's the one we frequent. Having our own "Jack" we had to check it out. We met one of the owner's of Jack's Harvest, Mrs. Connie Pope. She was so sweet and told us all about their line of baby food. We got a chance to taste the mango with lime. It was so yummy. We got Jackson some of the Sweet Potatoes with vanilla and cinnamon and The Mango's. They have 10 food combinations in all. If you are close to a Whole Foods I highly recommend checking them out. Jackson loves the Sweet Potatoes. The Mango's were so cute, I think the new flavor threw him off but, we are going to try again this week. Check out their site at Jack's Harvest "Because your baby has good taste!". Here are so pictures with Mrs. Connie.
Jackson and his new "chef" Jack's Harvest , Mrs. Connie.
Jackson was very interested in finding out about Organic Baby Food.
Thank You Miss Geneva for letting us borrow your toy! It is such a hit. We can't wait for our next get together.
This is Jackson's new Jumparoo. Miss Geneva let us use it since she is crawling now and on to bigger things getting after that remote control. He absolutely loves it! He spent a good amount of time playing with each side, and is figuring out that he can jump in it. The look on his face is priceless when this happens. Enjoy the video.
So we started food, and our first taste other than formula was... Pea's!
You can tell from the pictures that it was a new sensation but in the end, he really started liking it. He opened wide and smeared it around in his mouth. I can't believe my baby is eating already. Didn't I just give birth?
So here it is. The Williamson Christmas tree! We had fun decorating. Bubbie is in awe of the lights. Sissy was not in the mood to help but, cheered right up when it was complete. We are so excited about the Holiday Season!
With Bub's that is. We went tonight to get Jackson's First Tree. It was Freezing! I know my Godmother is going to read this from Colorado and think 28 is not that cold. But, to us here in Georgia. It's chilly! We bundled up and got the tree. The last few years we have been going to our local Home Depot and picking it out. We found the perfect one. We are letting it "rest" for the weekend, while we visit Nana and will decorate it on Sunday. So stay tuned, more pictures to come...
That's Jackson all bundled up, Don't worry he did peak out and approve the tree when we found it.
Bubbie saying "A little to the left Daddy" He was a big help in getting the tree on good.
Jackson in his "Oh So festive, My First Tree" outfit.
Technically this happened on November 15th. I am that mom that waited up till 12:01 am( the morning the appointments opened and were up for grabs) to get our appointment. It was worth missing the sleep. Santa was awesome. We ordered a dvd where Santa talked to Bubbie and told him what a blessing he is. I cried when I watched it. This will be a yearly tradition for us. We were quite a scene, Mommy, Daddy, CC, Nana, Grandpa, Ms Sherri and Ms Sally, all came along for the pictures. Such a loved Baby. Yay for Santa!
1. My relationship with God. I had always wished I was more faithful in prayer. Have a baby and Poof, It became much easier. lol. I am so Thankful I have a Savior that chose me and forgives me. Without this everything would be a wreck. Trust me.
2.My family, This one brings me to tears. I was so blessed to find a man, that loves me the most on my worst days. Then we had a baby. The love we have created this perfect little man. Oh my heart is full.
3.My family. My parents, brother and sister. We are all really close. I am so Thankful for that. My In laws are great. Last but not least Big Sissy, there are no words to express how thankful I am for my little chica.
4. Our friends, They are a small group but oh so amazing. I am forever Thankful for Them.
5. That I am a Stay at Home Mommy. This I am especially thankful for. I know at times it's stressful but, this is an amazing gift. I love being a mommy to Jackson. B works so hard to take care of us.
6. Our Future. I am thankful for what it will bring.
6 Silly Unimportant things...
1. Frozen Thin Mints. Enough said.
2. Warm towels, when you get out of the shower.
3. Good mascara, that cleans right off and lengthens lashes.
4. Flip flops, Oh so comfy and always in style.
5. A good book, one I pick up and can't put down.
6. Pictures, I love to take them, love to look at them.
Importance is rather subjective, but these are mine. So with this I'll say Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone takes time today to relax and enjoy the things you are thankful for. Lovies.
I can not believe it. My baby is 5 months. This will probably be the reoccurring theme of the monthly favorites. Time has taken on a mind of it's own now that Jackson is here. I feel like he has been apart of us forever but, then I blink and another month has come and gone. He is continuing to change weekly and never ceases to amaze me. So here it is. My favorite 5 things about 5 month Bubbie.
1. The way he hums. When you are talking whether to him or someone else, this man is humming. Sometimes over your voice to get your attention, sometimes just softly to hear him self. CC says this is her favorite one too.
2. My boy Laughs, I mean if you are excited about something. He will bust out in a full on laugh. It is the most beautiful noise in the world. You never know which excited comment will make it happen. So it's always a much loved surprise.
3.People call him chubby. This may seem odd to some, but to a mommy who's baby was labeled "failure to thrive" these words just warm my heart. He is 17 lbs and 11 oz of cuddle bunny.
4.He loves his Big Sissy. I had always hoped that hey would love each other but, this month he really started recognizing her. He just lights up when she is around. She reads him books, sings to him. They are the best of bud's. So their budding relationship is a favorite for mommy.
5. He is standing on legs and sitting on laps. This is so sweet and makes him look like such a little man. He loves to stand up and "talk" to people around him. He is really checking out the world around him.So anything that lets him experience this. He loves.
We love our little man. Ugh 5 months. I can't believe it's already here.
So the only time in their lives this will happen. Marah and Jackson both are both 5 ! Bubbie will be 5 months on Monday and Marah will be 5 years old on Wed. I ordered these numbers off of Etsy. We had to have special shirts to commemorate the day. Enjoy the pictures. Check out the many faces of Bubbie and Big Sissy. This is a typical "photo shoot". 1 out of 5 pictures I get both smiling. Check out Jackson's face in the second one. (te he he... They had both just woke up from a nap.) Love these babies.
So I was tagged by "The Adventures of Mrs. Reagan" to go in my 6th folder and post my 6th picture. I am actually not on my lap top, I'm on my *gasp* hooked to the wall computer upstairs. I was almost in tears when I saw what the picture was. I posted the other day about our Big Sissy Marah. The picture is her on our first trip to the Ga Aquarium. Everything was so amazing and she was so in awe. This picture was when we saw the "big crabs". She was so proud and told me to take a picture for Bobby. ( That's my dad and when we were trying to get her to say grandpa. One day she looked at him and said "Bobby". He loved it and ever since he said he would smack any of us that tried to get her to call him different.) So this is her smiling for her Bobby. She turns Five this week. Where does the time go?
Ok so... 33 for a moment, The mommy Instinct, And Baby Makes Three, The Comings and Goings of Little G, and Danielle "photog extraordinaire"
As I took a picture today of my "big man" and I mean big man. I realized that I took the same picture two months ago to the day in the same outfit. At one month Jackson was given the"failure to thrive" diagnoses. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to hear. You think the worst. Well two months later we are laughing in the face of "Failure to Thrive". Mr Jackson weighed in at 17lbs 11 ounces on Friday. I have to share these pictures they almost make me want to cry. That time was so hard. I don't even think at the time how little he was. It will be the last time we photograph Bubbie with his Giraffe blanket and hat. They are going on a trip to South Dekota. To live with our friend Josiah, and his Mommy Ash. Josiah was given this same diagnoses. He had surgery to make him all better. We know that he will be chunky in no time. So we are passing the torch shall we say. This story is even better because Josiah's mommy and daddy used to giggle over a fat giraffe when they dated. I can't wait to watch Josiah grow to be that fat Giraffe, because to some mommies calling their baby fat is music to their ears.